Marketing Department, Inc., the region’s leading marketing agency, is growing and adding a new position, an experienced Art Director, to their team in Houghton, Michigan. Clients of the agency are in manufacturing, high-tech, healthcare and banking industries. The agency works closely with clients to grow business and get results. We need employees who are ready to do the same.
The agency is both a collection of highly seasoned and skilled marketing ninja’s as well as a team of friends. Teammates have fun at work while being serious about what they do. There are snacks and beer in the fridge. Our environment is creative and modern. We are looking for an Art Director who can energize a team and contribute to the great work we already do for clients.
The Art Director is a leader, not a doer. This position will team up with VP of Creative & Strategy and Account Managers to deliver work that meets the agency’s very high standards. A successful Art Director will:
- generate unique concepts that align with the client’s brand and project objectives
- lead a fast-paced production team collaboratively from concept to its final media
- troubleshoot with a keen eye for design details and passionate about producing great work
- strive to be a creative director in the future
Compensation/Benefits. For the right candidate, this position can be full-time with a flexible schedule. Position starts at $50,000-$100,000 annually (depending on experience) with excellent healthcare benefits, retirement match, unlimited time off, and an energizing, modern work environment located in the heart of downtown Houghton.
Great Work. The Art Director is ultimately responsible for ensuring the production team delivers a high-level of quality work. Examples of job duties may include:
- art direction for print, digital, photography, videography
- moving concepts and outlines from the VP Creative through final production
- working with printers, suppliers, photographers, videographers through final production
- supporting the Account Services Team to deliver presentations and work to the client
- participating and sometimes leading brainstorming sessions
Qualified candidates have these experiences, skills and abilities:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience leading people
- Multimedia platforms
- Social Media & Digital Advertising
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of marketing best practices
- Professional attitude within and outside the office
- Sense of humor
Sound like you? Take the next step and apply online at the link below.