Marketing Department, Inc., the region’s leading marketing agency, is adding a new position for a high-energy Account Manager to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. The agency works closely with clients to grow business and get results. We need employees who are ready to do the same. You don’t have to be a seasoned marketing executive, but do need some basic proven experience with marketing tactics and processes.
This position leads multiple clients across many B2B, manufacturing, high-tech, healthcare and banking industries on overall strategic plans and objectives. You will “own” your accounts by ensuring that deliverables align with strategy while meeting deadlines and budgets.
The Account Manager position is a leadership position with both clients and at the agency.
This person will report to the CEO and is:
- strategically-minded and a strong planner
- a leader with polish and professionalism that is also a business consultant and coach
- an excellent verbal and written communicator and insanely organized and proactive
- an energetic and positive overachiever who aims to deliver high quality work
Compensation/Benefits. For the right candidate, this position can be full-time with a flexible schedule. Position starts at $50,000-$75,000 annually (depending on experience) with excellent healthcare benefits, retirement match, unlimited time off and an energizing, modern work environment located in the heart of downtown Houghton.
What you need to succeed. The Account Manager is ultimately responsible for growing our client’s businesses, and the business we do with clients, by delivering smart strategies. Examples of projects may include:
- Acting as the day-to-day link between the client and the agency by maintaining proactive and regular communication and workflow.
- Working closely with the CEO and VP strategy to develop strategies for the client.
- Understanding deliverables to the client, scope of work, and budgets; gain client approval on each.
- Communicating projects and strategy to the agency to help lead project work with the VP Strategy.
- Maintaining an understanding of advertising, digital, design, and media industry trends and how the agency can use these trends to build business for the client and the agency.
- Identifying and tracking success metrics to evaluate program performance and adjust strategies.
- Identifying prospective clients and employees through networking.
- Representing the agency professionally and with a polished appearance.
- Develop/plan client annual plans while tracking and reporting budgets on a monthly basis.
- Managing and developing project proposals, budgets, and timelines.
- Providing verbal and written creative briefs.
- Leading brainstorming and input sessions to ensure that projects meet the strategy.
- Facilitating kick-offs, weekly, monthly and quarterly client meetings.
- Leveraging a team to manage administrative duties including weekly status reports, billing, internal project management, etc.
- Logging time accurately and daily.
Qualified candidates have these experiences, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years in account management, marketing and preferably, in an agency.
- Must have marketing industry knowledge including best-practices, process, terminologies.
- Experience leading people and teams with an ability to communicate clearly and influence others.
- Driven by results, self-motivated, strong work ethic and very reliable.
- Able to balance multiple clients, priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Sound like you? Take the next step and apply online at the link below.