Job Opening – Project Manager
Marketing Department, Inc., the region’s leading marketing agency, is growing and adding a strategic leader, namely a Project Manager, to their team in Houghton, Michigan. Clients of the agency are in B2B fields, healthcare and banking industries. We work deeply with our clients to grow business and get results. The ideal person for this position has a rich background of developing effective strategies and experience leading a team to deliver results.
The Project Manager is part supervisor and producer.
This person will assist the VP of Creative & Strategy Services and the Account Manager with direction to the production team (designers, writers, developers, and contractors) on multiple projects. The Creative Project Manager is:
- a leader
- has excellent communication
- insanely organized
Compensation/Benefits. For the right candidate, this position can be full-time or at least 30 hours a week with a flexible schedule. This position starts at $30,000 – $45,000 annually (and is based on experience) with excellent healthcare benefits, retirement match, unlimited time off and an energizing, modern work environment located in the heart of downtown Houghton.
What you need to succeed. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for driving work quickly that is on-time and on-budget by supervising the production team to deliver high-quality projects for our clients that meet the objectives and strategies provided by the VP of Creative & Strategy. Examples of projects may include, but are not limited to:
- press releases, stories, social media, research & strategy summaries, proposals, etc.
- organic and paid content on all digital platforms (web, SEO, email, social media)
- web development opportunities, best-practices and restrictions, keyword management and SEO
- digital & traditional advertising, print & business collateral, video & photography, press releases & stories
- Event coordination and management
The Project Manager will also work with the CEO, Business Development Director and Account Manager to:
- Track projects to be on time, on budget and accurately delivered to specifications
- Assist in building budgets and proposals
- Purchase media schedules, printing, photography and other materials for client projects
- Manage the project management systems
- Help ensure that invoicing is accurate
The Project Manager is well-rounded. Knowledgeable of all. Master of none.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills with an inspiring ability to lead productive teams
- Highly proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing
- Knowledge of marketing best practices
Sound like you? Take the next step. Apply online at mdi.hirescore.com
The Culture at MDI
The culture in any business is how it operates. At MDI this is measured with continuous growth in revenue, profits and reputation. We accomplish this with:
- excellent execution, discipline and creativity
- effective teamwork
- high performance people
We are not: