Job Opening: Content Writer
Marketing Department, Inc., the region’s leading marketing agency, is growing and adding another exceptional Content Writer to their creative team. Clients of the agency are in B2B fields, healthcare and banking industries. We work deeply with our clients to grow business and get results.
Applicants have their choice of working remotely or in the Houghton, Michigan location.
The Content Writer creates various print, web, research, proposals and social media content which often requires research and a strong process. This position conducts interviews and collaborates closely with the Creative Director and clients to write according to a company’s editorial style, to specific audiences and within the overall strategy. The ideal candidate is able to work independently, is experienced, has high-energy, meets deadlines and most importantly, understands how to achieve measurable results.
Compensation/Benefits. For the right candidate, this position can be full-time or at least 30 hours a week with a flexible schedule. This position pays $17 – $25 an hour (and is based on portfolio) with excellent healthcare benefits, retirement match, unlimited time off and an energizing, modern work environment located in the heart of downtown Houghton.
- Produce well-researched content for various platforms and purposes.
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines.
- Develop social media content, mostly for Facebook and LinkedIn, and grow pages.
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization’s mission to inspire ideas and content.
- Communicate and cooperate with a team (creative director, account manager, designers, another writer, sometimes the CEO).
- Help create and follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the production team to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Develop related content for multiple platforms (websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, blogs).
- Monitor and analyze performance of key performance indicators to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Use SEO strategies in writing to maximize online visibility of a website in search results.
- Contribute to energy in the office and participate in brainstorming activities.
Content Writer Core Qualifications.
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in various examples of work.
- Flexible writing styles that align with the client and platform.
- Impeccable grasp of the English language including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions.
- Understands digital strategies and how to manage platforms that generate leads and visibility for clients.
- Understands how to develop relationships with trade/consumer media resulting in published articles for clients.
- Understands industry formatting for writing press releases, stories, proposals, summaries and web copy.
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously.
- Strict adherence to the style guides of each company and their policies for publication.
- Good time management skills including prioritizing, scheduling and adapting as necessary.
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of the client’s brand image, objectives, products, and services.
Sound like you? Take the next step. Apply online at mdi.hirescore.com