Job Opening – Account Manager
Marketing Department, Inc., the region’s leading marketing agency, is adding a Marketing Account Manager to their team in Houghton, Michigan. A hybrid in-office/remote work option is available to interested applicants in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Clients of the agency are in B2B fields, healthcare and banking industries. We work deeply with our clients to grow business and get results. The ideal person for this position is familiar with all aspects of marketing and able to show a track record of successful outcomes with account management, performance and leadership.
This is a strategic and operational role focused on building client relationships through regular, proactive and value-added communication, driving account strategy, budgeting and planning, campaign execution, and internal and client team leadership and development.
The agency’s Account Managers have strong written and leadership communication skills. They must be able to navigate client relationships while driving the agency to produce best results for our clients. The Account Manager must understand:
- The client’s business model, and strategic long-term and immediate objectives
- The client’s industry, trends and opportunities to grow sales
- The agency’s approach to strategy and research to production and analytics
The Account Manager knows when to push and when to let things relax. The job duties include a strong leadership and coaching style. Additionally, a great Account Manager balances the needs of the client with the agency’s bottom line while balancing a complex projects and tasks. The ideal candidate understands how to lead both the client and the agency teams with finesse, collaboration and teamwork. People skills are critical. A successful Account Manager represents the client’s interest and needs with the internal agency team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience as an agency account manager or experience leading marketing strategy and planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A solid understanding on the difference between strategies and tactic.
- Experience and understanding in all aspects of marketing:
- Research design, development and analysis; strategy development; performance analytics
- Project planning, budgeting and tracking
- Production and working with design teams
- Proposal development
- At least three examples of companies in which you have been part of a team that met/exceeded objectives and/or increased revenues.
- A portfolio of writing examples for trade media and social media
- Ability to work with the Creative Director and VP Strategy on
- Brand strategy, marketing planning, digital and social media strategy
- Public relations; traditional and digital advertising; website development & SEO
- Experience in B2B markets preferred
Compensation/Benefits. This position is full-time and includes health benefits, retirement contributions and unlimited time off. The salary is $50,000-$70,000 annually depending on experience. The position is located in Houghton, Michigan. Remote work is not an option.
Sound like you? Take the next step. Apply online at mdi.hirescore.com/account-manager
About living in Houghton, Michigan. Rugged. Remote. Mountains of snow. Valleys of wild berries. Houghton is as extreme as the people who live and work here. We crave adventure and air. Living here gives professionals the room to be creative and innovate. Houghton, Michigan is a waterfront community located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula on the Keweenaw Peninsula. You are never far to everywhere or nowhere. Within minutes after leaving work we kayak, bike, ski, fish or just breath in the world.
Houghton is also home to Michigan Technological University, one of the world’s leading research institutions. With the University at its helm, engineers, entrepreneurs, and innovators thrive in Houghton. People who live and work here ooze grit and determination.
Houghton Public schools are nationally ranked in the top 5%. But here, they get more than good grades. Kids grow strong in character because of the place we live and the people who live here.
Friendly. Safe. Simple. It’s rare to go anywhere without saying hello to someone you know. With a simpler lifestyle includes a competitive cost of living. Learn more about MDI at marketingdepartmentinc.com and marketingdepartmentinc-healthcare.com