We want our clients and the community to see that we do what we say. We want our work to create positive change — in each other, our clients and the community.
We will live the 2015 vision by practicing our guiding principles every day. As we sit here in 2013 and look ahead, we realize we’re already living most of our vision:
Positively impacting our community
- Employees and owners provided more than 400 hours of time to promote Bill Cosby Live in Houghton, which resulted in skyrocketing fund raising profits for Rotary Club of Houghton.
- Owners and managers are active board members for the following organizations: Rotary Club of Houghton, Rotary Club of Hancock, Keweenaw Community Foundation, Keweenaw Chamber of Commerce, Copper Country Great Start Collaborative, Keweenaw Economic Development Alliance, U.P. Kids, Finlandia University International School of Business and Michigan Tech Blue Line Club.
- We are committed to working with local service providers including: Industrial Graphics, Book Concern Printers, Brockit Inc., Defined Visuals, and more.
- We hold memberships and/or serve as active volunteers in community organizations and events including: Downtown Houghton Business Association, PJ Olsson’s Rock Camp, Keweenaw Brewfest, Rotary Seafood Fest, Waterfront Gala, City of Houghton, FinnFest, Forgotten Eagles of Michigan-Chapter 2, Copper Ridge Bluegrass Band, and Houghton High School’s varsity hockey, drama club, All Sports Booster Club and swim team.
- We are growing family-sustaining jobs.
- All employees project positive voices in the community.
- We are working with new clients from outside of the Houghton market, resulting in additional jobs.
- In September 2013, we will launch the Design Department. This new division will provide affordable design services to help small businesses improve their image by working with Marketing Department talent.
- We are reaching out to new regional partners and vendors in other areas of the Upper Peninsula and northern Wisconsin.
- We donated time to a non-profit organization in Marquette to help develop a campaign that will positively impact Upper Peninsula youth.
- Every member of the Marketing Department team contributes to the projects we complete for clients and, as a whole, we take great pride in the work that leaves our office.
- We invest in our employees’ professional development and each member is accountable for obtaining it.
- Every client, customer, vendor and community member experiences the same level of courteous customer service. We are committed to responding quickly to emails, calls and requests.
- Owners and managers practice servant leadership and provide the best tools for the success of employees and clients.
- We pay Uncle Sam, employees and vendors on time and always.
- We have no debt.
- Employees contribute to profits by understanding how THEY affect the bottom line.
- Employees receive monthly reports on financial goals and operating costs.
- We have exceeded our financial goals every year since we opened our doors seven years ago.
- Student interns from Michigan Technological University and Finlandia University gain tremendous, real-world experience while learning what makes great marketing.
- Karyn spoke to Marquette-based non-profit, UP with Local, about ideas that small businesses can employ to achieve successful marketing cost effectively.
- Marketing Department Facebook fans get quick tips and thought-provoking ideas every week. And, if they’re really paying attention, they might just win gift cards for lunch!
- Through successful marketing our clients are increasing sales, creating jobs and growing. These results positively impact the community, which ultimately creates a better place to live!
- Karyn has made presentations to marketing and design classes at Michigan Tech and Finlandia, with much positive feedback.